Friday, February 03, 2006

Ten Things I'd Do To My House If I Had The Dough

Just for Angie. :-) Well, the rest of you (if there ARE any others out there!) can read it too!

1 - Finish the back room (currently cement floor and undrywalled walls) into our master bedroom.

2 - Add a bathroom upstairs.

3 - Put in a concrete driveway (currently 2 wheel tracks of concrete and the rest dirt/mud).

4 - Extend the girls' bedroom over the back room, to add a lot of space. Then divide that room into two bedrooms.

5 - Redo the kitchen, starting with the cabinets. I'd like to keep my big porcelain covered iron sink, though. New appliances definitely. These were here (and old already) when we bought the house 12 years ago.

6 - Can I add a basement to a house that doesn't have one? If I can, I would. (All we have is a "Michigan basement" with a furnace and water heater in it. Just the one tiny room - dirt floor.)

7 - Finish all the little odds and ends that never got done. Trim that isn't put up, etc...

8 - CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING. :-)

9 - OK, since we're dreaming here, add on an INDOOR pool.

10 - Barring all that, I wish we'd have pushed the house over and started from scratch 12 years ago. I won't remodel again. And if I say I might try? Shoot me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

Ahhhh! THANK YOU! I LOVE the power of ten! :) Great list!! Especially the basement! I couldn't agree more and I'd love to have one. I've never understood why houses here in Tornado Alley don't come with basements.

February 04, 2006 11:02 PM

 
Blogger Barbie said...

OMGOSH An update lol YAY! :-)

February 06, 2006 2:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home