Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ten Things I Can Do This Summer

I don't have a job this summer. So, here are ten things I can do to make money. If you would like to hire me for any of them , please email me! lisa@homeschoolchoices.com

1 - Tutoring - I tutor any age in Reading, Language Arts, Writing, etc... I can also tutor elementary math and Spanish.

2 - Curriculum Consultation - See my website www.homeschoolchoices.com.

3 - Mentioning the website makes me realize that it is not finished, so that is definitely one thing I need to do this summer that will hopefully earn me some money when it is complete.

4 - Finish my booklet on how to start and run a homeschool co-op. I already have 13 pages of notes on how we did this. I plan to self-publish this booklet and sell it on my website.

5 - Work on my book. It is based on a talk I have given many times on how to manage television viewing in families. It will probably be called "Taming the TV Habit". I need a publisher! Know anyone?

6 - Sell stuff on eBay or other places online! I plan to garage sale at least one day every week with an eye to buying things to sell online.

7 - Work at a homeschool conference selling Usborne books for my sister. I used to be an Usborne consultant a few years back. After Bob's accident and Suzy's birth, I gave up on it. But I will be working one conference with my sister who currently is an Usborne consultant. Hopefully I can earn $100 there.

8 - Web design. I can design simple websites. I am learning Front Page. So if anyone needs a simple website on a budget, let me know. (I have designed www.sof.homeschoolchoices.com and www.homeschoolchoices.com.)

9 - Ooooh, my options are getting limited now. I suppose I could have a garage sale. Ew. Hate the very thought.

10 - I could even babysit. Oh, forget I even said that. I DETEST babysitting.

Notice none of these mentioned going out and getting a REAL job. LOL I have looked for summer school jobs and found nothing. I do not want to work for $7/hr doing retail. That's silly. Also, I need a fairly flexible schedule in case Bob ends up going back to work this summer.

OK, so those are my ideas. I sure won't get bored, will I? lol

1 Comments:

Blogger Niffercoo said...

For the book publishging: you might try Peace Hill Press, they are a private publishing company.

Owned by Susan Wise Bauer!!!!!

::running away, laughing madly::

Jennifer, who needed this laugh today!

June 02, 2005 3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home