Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Ten Favorite Pop Songs from 1984

Curious as to what were the top pop songs in the year I graduated from high school, I looked up a top 100 list from about.com from the year 1984. (YES, I graduated from high school 21 years ago this June. Hush. I already KNOW I am old.)

So. Anyway. Here are MY favorites from that list. (The numbers are their position on the list from about.com.)

BTW, I did listen to music other than pop, but that's another post!

3. Jump, Van Halen
4. Footloose, Kenny Loggins
7. Let's Hear It For The Boy, Deniece Williams
8. Owner Of A Lonely Heart, Yes
11. Missing You, John Waite
19. Talking In Your Sleep, Romantics
21. Let's Go Crazy, Prince & The Revolution
33. I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues, Elton John
44. The Heart Of Rock 'N' Roll, Huey Lewis & The News
45. Hard Habit To Break, Chicago

If you'd like to research the pop music from your past, check out this link:
http://top40.about.com/

What were some of your favorites from 1984? (If you were ALIVE then....)

1 Comments:

Blogger Merci said...

Ok here are some of mine, in no particular order of my preference (grin)

1) What's Love Got to Do With IT, Tina Turner

5. Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now), Phil Collins

7. Let's Hear It For The Boy, Deniece Williams

10. Karma Chameleon, Culture Club

33. I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues, Elton John

39. Uptown Girl, Billy Joel

46. The Warrior, Scandal

59. Almost Paradise, Mike Reno & Ann Wilson

99. The Longest Time, Billy Joel

April 22, 2005 12:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home