Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ten DVD's I Have Watched Recently

frazy.com
The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (Platinum Series Special Extended Edition)
frazy.com
End of the Spear
frazy.com
Annie (Special Anniversary Edition)
frazy.com
The World's Fastest Indian
frazy.com
Beyond the Gates of Splendor
frazy.com
Texas Ranch House
frazy.com
MacGyver - The Complete Second Season
frazy.com
Quantum Leap - The Complete Fourth Season
frazy.com
Akeelah and the Bee (Widescreen Edition)
frazy.com
Sahara (Widescreen Edition)
frazy.com
Cool Runnings
powered by frazy.com

Once again, you get a bonus DVD. lol

I love Sahara so much that I ordered it (used from Netflix - way cool!). I also started reading Clive Cussler novels again. I think I was still a teenager the last time I read one!

Cool Runnings is one I've been wanting my kids to see for a long time. It recently came out on DVD and I jumped at the chance for the kids to see it. I find it very inspiring. Ooh yeah, Jamaica has a bobsled team...

The World's Fastest Indian is one I keep meaning to recommend to my dad. Mom, are you reading this? Great story with an "underdog" theme, sort of like Cool Runnings - old guy has a beloved speedy motorcycle and he wants to enter it in the speed trials in Utah.

Akeelah and the Bee is a movie that should have had more publicity. Why, oh why, do we get crap like Snakes on a Plane when there is good stuff like this going un-noticed? Another "underdog" story, though! LOL I must have a soft spot for the long shot!

Annie is a favorite from my childhood. I know all the music by heart. And so does my sister Christy, I imagine, since I played the RECORD (not CD) over and over and over. "It's a hard knock life, for us!" (Another "underdog story!!! lol)

Do I really have to say a thing about Fellowship of the Ring? It's only one of my favorite movies ever! It had been way way too long since I'd watched it and it was like running into an old friend, one of the ones where it seems you haven't spent any time apart at all. (Techinically ANOTHER underdog story!)

Did I review End of the Spear? If I didn't, I should have. Go watch it. It's really really touching and inspiring. Then, of course, me being the obsessive that I am, I had to rent the documentary Beyond the Gates of Splendor AND read the book by Elisabeth Elliott.

Two of my all-time favorite TV shows - MacGyver and Quantum Leap. Just trying to make my way through the series on DVD. My life would be so enriched if only Homefront would also be released on DVD. Someday..... Someday.....

That just leaves Texas Ranch House, one of the PBS series that I love so much, starting with The 1900 House. This American installment was better than the other American one - Frontier House. That one was just plain awful. This was much better... at least until the bitter end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home